Elizabeth's blog :

Welcome to JOURNAL FOR * TODAY * : Enjoy !

Monday, April 26, 2010

Sewing : Clothing and Quilts

When I first started to sew it was because we were on a very tight budget. Over the years I sewed clothing for Katie, Stephanie, and myself. The girls moved from frilly, girly-girl clothing  to designer jeans and T shirts, which were no where near as much fun to sew.
The next thing I wanted was a handmade Quilt. But they were way too expensive. I'm grateful for that because wanting the Quilt pushed me into making Quilts, which led to years of happy sewing. Eventually I went from traditionl designs into my own designs, more of what would be seen as contemporary. Today my interest has turned to drawing clothing designs as opposed to actually sewing anything.

1 comment:

  1. You could definitely "make it" as a clothes designer- You should go on that reality show! *smile*

    ps. I'd buy that coat! *smile*

    Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete