Elizabeth's blog :

Welcome to JOURNAL FOR * TODAY * : Enjoy !

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Miss Eloise's School of Dance


When Leah ( Creative Everyday ) picked " Body " for our January challenge one of the first things that came to mind was the body of a ballerina. As a kid I tried ballet lessons-As soon as we were up on our toes, and man did that hurt, I quit ! Plus my body was incredibly inflexible- Nothing has changed there ( sigh ). I do love to watch dancers- all kinds of dancers, from ballet to hip-hop and everything inbetween.
BTY- My empathetic mom let me quit ballet lessons without making me feel like a looser. Thanks, mom !

4 comments:

  1. Love the color you use for the journal. Interestingly, I seldom see people use yellow with pink. Or maybe I haven't paid attention. But yours look lovely. I love dancing as well. Thank you for sharing your artwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors you chose too,and your drawings.When I was a young child I participated in dance.I still have my costumes,I never did ballet though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the pink You used too- so girly and soft and delicate- perfect for a ballerina!

    Your journal page made me remember how I wanted to be a ballerina after seeing my first ballet, "The Red Slipper" in Manhatten when I was I had just turned 8 years old.

    I came home and "balleted" (sp!) my heart out. Too poor to take lessons- that wasn't even a consderation, but nice to pretend.

    Thanks for sharing Your gift, Beth!

    ReplyDelete