Elizabeth's blog :

Welcome to JOURNAL FOR * TODAY * : Enjoy !

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Man In The Mirror


After this piece was finished all I could think was, " It's ugly ".....The next day I went down into the art room to paint over the whole thing....Then, I don't know, I just started to mess with it, and much to my delight a certain dark beauty began to emerge.....Maybe no one will like this ?.....I'm feeling kind of protective : like, " Awwwww-Have a heart ".  Innocent until proven guilty, if you follow.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This just jumps out at you. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! Ugly? No way. It reminds me of Michael Jackson! You are soo talented. I'm glad You were protective and let it "live". (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to say the same thing,innocent till proven guilty,I think michael was a kind person,living a terrible life.I'ts great to see his trademark glove on him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. definately a Michael Jackson image!!good job for sticking with it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! The image just jumps out at you - and I love the texture! So glad you shared it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am amazed at the influence of michael jackson. it's so cool to see the kids discovering him now like i did in elementary school. he's still totally relevant

    ReplyDelete